Monday, January 19, 2009

Bonjour

Classes began last week, I'm taking French, Humanities I, Humanities II and Contemporary Marketing. Thrilling selection, I'm aware. I'm enjoying the French thus far, mostly because I'm compelled by an interest in language, art, croissants and indie movies, but honestly, taking two Humanities classes that I don't need feels just as pointless as it actually is. I'm not buying the stupid books. I'm trying to have a "positive mental attitude" but its not really working, obviously. Marketing can be interesting, if I'm in the right mood. . .

I started my design course on Saturday and it was really incredible, so that makes up for the lame Humanities courses. The school is well hidden within the confines of a smelly old building devoid of adequate signage and quite possibly the most disgusting restroom in existence, with all the quality of the finest five star redneck truck stop; however, once the class started it didn't really matter. The teacher went to the London College of Fashion, and teaches part time at Central Saint Martins(which is where the class is that I'm taking). Anyway, she's a really good designer and has worked for people like John Galliano and now designs for one of the up market brands for Urban Outfitters. She's also really nice and encouraging so thats good. 

In order to research for our line, we went to the school's fashion library, which is definitely my favorite type of library. An area full of all the fashion and design related books a person could want, every issue of Vogue, ever printed, in every country that it exists. then the there are sections on subjects like theory, photography, biography, and construction. Its going to be hard to concentrate on my other classes now, when my homework for the design course includes things like checking out boutiques in London, reading about designers and picking out vintage clothes for inspiration. I'm already distracted. . .

1 comment:

David123456 said...

C'est magnifique n'est-ce pas?

Votre pere toujours