Thursday, January 15, 2009

Whell

My shirt designing course is going well, Saturday was spent focusing on draping and sketching most of the day. Then, I went along and stopped at some amazing fabric stores around Berwick Street, looking for my color palette and settling on a grey green viscose jersey to kick things off. It drapes like a dream, but fabric prices are more of a nightmare. There are art stores, vinyl shops and a few little vintage clothing boutiques around that area too so those were fun to check out. Unfortunately my digital camera decided to turn on in my purse and by the time I noticed, it had succumbed to battery drain and was too late to salvage. Fortunately I had my film camera with me and managed to take a few shots. 

Thomas and I went Extreme Ironing over the weekend and were given many strange looks by people, most of them staring, questioning our motives, or just laughing. However there was one naysayer, with a vicious, oversized, and smelly-looking dog. I dubbed the owner Mr. Grumpy Pants. He wasn't very smiley. However, Thomas did a fabulous job of ironing except for the face that the shirt was still wrinkled. As far as my video camera skills, I'm not so confident. 

I am currently having a psychotically busy week. I thought that I forgot to turn a paper in, but it turns out I didn't because its not due until next week. So thats good news, although I went through the whole "pandemonium/stress filled" phase for no reason.


No comments: