Monday, July 14, 2008

Plane and Simple

The trek to England wasn't bad, although I am the type of person to make fun of people on planes as my primary form of in-flight entertainment.
On the flight to Minneapolis there was an obnoxious dentist who immediately announced he had just taken Vicodin, but thoroughly expressed his need for alcohol whilst loudly dictating his life story to the rest of the plane; he's the one who needed his mouth washed out because he cursed like a sailor at a volume that could be heard over the engine. Our stellar flight attendant, Cheryl was stereotypically smiley and listened intently to every word. Props for Cheryl- I could still hear that guy drowning on over my Ipod
The next flight was an overnighter into Heathrow, so I was hoping not to sit next to anyone(sleeping next to strangers isn't really my thing). To my utter satisfaction and joy no one was next to me so I had the window and the aisle seat. 
SCORE: Sarah Chorley, 2: Everyone Else, Zero.
I proceeded to receive vicious glares from the rather buxom lady sitting adjacent to me, squished between her long legged family members as I shamelessly lounged over my empty chair and commandeered the extra blanket resting in it. The stares worsened as I got my meals 2o minutes before everyone else, although I didn't eat much of them; the vegetarian option is supposed to be better but that makes me wonder, how disgustingly awful is the regular meal? Is it actually food? Will I get a disease from it and keel over before I reach my final destintion? Mine tasted nasty and looked worse, so I stuck with my deliciously homemade peanut butter sandwich.

No comments: