Sunday, June 1, 2008

CanSassCity







This weekend was quite entertaining. I went to Kansas City, Missouri, with some friends to see a concert. Death Cab for Cutie was the headliner and preceding them were the Morning Benders, The Kooks and Rogue Wave. Being the devoted fan that I am, I stayed in line from 2-7pm(*note: not as long as last time when I waited 8 hours in the hot summer heat of Tulsa).

Highlights of the excursion included: 
*Meeting the lead singer of Death Cab for Cutie(Ben Gibbard) and locally famous policeman Boston Rob(Rob provided excellent pre-show entertainment consisting of stories involving drug busts, getting shot etc).
*Being first in line for the concert, therefore scoring prime standing room.
*Being stepped on by Luke Pritchard, lead singer for The Kooks.
*Seeing the artwork around Kansas City. 
*Found adorable knobs and door handles from Anthropologie

Side note: the bassist for Rogue Wave looks like my Uncle Jeff.

No comments: