Monday, November 24, 2008

Sticks and Stones

Okay! So I've neglected to post on here for a while, but I have been busy writing papers over "Feminism in 20th Century Art" and "Bioethics Concerning The Human Genome Project". Go figure.  I've also been knitting; unfortunately the cat, Poppy, likes to "help" and randomly attacks while I try to knit, so its become more of a sport. I try to guard the knitting while Poppy creeps up, ready to pounce at any moment like a blood thirsty saber-tooth tiger hunting wild boar during famine to feed its jungle kin. Alright, so maybe its not quite that dramatic, but work with me here. 

Aunt Liz and Uncle Les came down to Basingstoke to visit and we went to lots of interesting places like Stonehenge, Winchester and Jane Austen's House. 

Jane Austen briefly lived there
 
Miss Austen's actual house was there

This rooftop reminded me of the scary bird scene in Mary Poppins 

The Round Table(or so they say)

Though I may have a blog, I am no techy nerd and have no idea how to get this photo to turn... this is Jane Austen's grave in Winchester Cathedral

I lightened the exposure on this so one can see the intricate detailing inside the cathedral. 
The CRYPT...
Look! A bunch of old rocks!
 I'd always wanted to go to Stonehenge and definitely listened to the entire audio tour. It was really cold outside though!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You HAVE been neglecting to post. I've noticed. Also,

LESS THAN TWO WEEKS UNTIL YOU"RE BACK.

Anonymous said...

Stonehenge WAS COOOOLD but atmospheric. Glad you're still knitting! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.Love to ALL the Chorleys and you. Aunt Liz

Andrew Lee said...

Ive tried viewing your blog for a long time now, but it never would update. Stone Henge always looked like a cool place to visit, and the Jane Austin thing would have been pretty neat to. I hope you are enjoying your stay there. Have a good one kiddo.